- 2.4 million
- Manufacturing workforce 250,000+
- High concentrations of talent in engineering, sciences
- 3 major research universities
- 4 comprehensive 4-year institutions
- 7 independent community colleges
- 3 cooperative education sites
- Specialized learning facilities – 50 locations
- 133,000 students enrolled in public higher education institutions
- 40,000 full-time students enrolled in top-tier research universities
- 22% reduction in corporate income tax (overall tax cut for all industries)
- Optional single-weighted sales factor for HQs, manufacturing operations
- No gross receipts taxes on manufacturing consumables
- Among the lowest property taxes in the nation
- Zero inventory tax
- Equidistant to ports of Los Angeles/Long Beach, California; Houston and Galveston, Texas
- Linkages to Canada; three border crossings to Mexico
- 2-day delivery time to 75% of the U.S
- 60+ airports; 3 international airports
- Highway, rail systems connect ports in Mexico to Santa Teresa port-of-entry
- Build With Robots partnered with Sandia National Labs to create robots that convert spray disinfectant into a fog-like mist to kill bacteria and viruses.
- Respira Therapeutics’ drug/device combo combines its AOS dry powder inhaler device with innovative drug formulation technologies to selectively lung-target an inhaled drug, delivering 60% higher dose to improve the quality of life of more than 35,000 patients diagnosed with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- WaveFront Dynamics’ diagnostic technology measures the eye dynamically, like a movie; the technology identifies regular refractive errors and irregularities that can lead to a potentially significant reduction in visual function.