1:15 to 2:10 p.m. / W-193-A
Low pressure vacuum carburizing (LPVC) is a specialized, highly technical process pioneered by Solar Atmospheres Inc. designed to increase fatigue life and improve wear properties of your parts. The case hardened surface is supported by a ductile, shock-absorbing core capable of withstanding high load bearing applications. LPVC produces a uniform, high-quality case with minimized distortion and absence of intergranular oxidation (IGO), reducing or eliminating expensive post heat treating machining operations.
Vacuum nitriding services from Solar Atmospheres Inc. can significantly increase the fatigue strength and service life of your parts. Benefits include case depths up to 0.025” and improved wear and anti-galling properties due to a 40% to 70% increase in surface hardness. Corrosion resistance is increased through nitrogen-enrichment. A controlled processing temperature of 700°F to 1,200°F preserves the mechanical properties of the base material and minimizes distortion of the finished parts.
Regional Sales Manager
Solar Atmospheres Inc.
Tim Steber began his career as a machinist and pursued his degree in mechanical technology while working. He served as a design engineer for aseptic packaging equipment, and later with Vacuum Furnace Systems designing vacuum furnace hot zones, furnace chambers, water systems, and inert gas quench systems. He is currently the regional sales manager for Solar Atmospheres Inc., a quality driven vacuum heat treater.
Solve your thermal processing challenges with our advanced technical expertise, world-class equipment, and quality assurance.
Contact us today to learn how you can benefit from our:
- 4 plant sites – Souderton (Eastern Pennsylvania), Hermitage (Western Pennsylvania), Fontana, California, and Greenville, South Carolina, serving more than 18 industries including aerospace, automotive, defense, medical, power generation, and more
- More than 60 furnaces with advanced 10 bar to 20 bar quenching from lab-sized to one of the world’s largest commercial vacuum furnace (up to 48ft long with a 150,000 lb capacity)
- Continuously upgraded, state-of-the-art furnace technology from sister company Solar Manufacturing, led by CEO William R. Jones, a pioneer in the field of vacuum furnace technology
- Expert metallurgical consultation and R&D services for custom processes and unique challenges
- Quality results and coast-to-coast, 24/7 responsive service
- On-site laboratory for hardness and microhardness testing
IMTS 2016 Booth #N-6358