Mike Munao has been appointed vice president of sales at Midaco Corp. Munao has been with the company for 28 years, offering a wealth of machining knowledge and experience with the evolution of Midaco’s pallet changer system.
Bystronic Inc. has appointed Richard Chesnut West Coast regional manager. Chesnut has more than 22 years of experience with CNC machinery, automation, engineering, production, sales, and service.
Jergens Inc.’s General Manager, Bob Rubenstahl, has retired after seven years of directing the entire division which includes the Workholding Solutions Group, Specialty Fasteners Group, and Lifting Solutions Group. Matt Schron will succeed Rubenstahl as the next general manager.
The most recent member joining Okuma America Corp.’s Partners in THINC is Jergens Inc., a manufacturer of standard and engineered product technology for efficient, effective quick-change workholding. https://www.okuma.com/partners-in-thinc
CNCMachines.net awards scholarship
Cal Poly Pomona, California, manufacturing engineering student Pauline Tasci won a $2,000 scholarship from CNCMachines.net. The company also donated $500 to her Cal Poly’s engineering department. Scholarship applicants were required to submit an essay or video detailing three innovative ways the manufacturing industry can effectively increase the number of young professionals seeking careers in the field.
Tasci has participated in engineering competitions for 9 years and was the lead manufacturing student in her high school. She was a manufacturing engineering intern at Applied Medical, Aerojet Rocketdyne, and Space, and is now a manufacturing and design mentor for high school teams and teaches students about CNC machinery.
Tasci learned about the scholarship opportunity from a post on TMD’s website.
Matsuura USA’s open house
The IMAGINE.CREATE.INNOVATE. Matsuura Machinery USA Inc. open house will be held at its St. Paul, Minnesota, facility April 23-24, 2019, from 10:00am to 4:00pm. At the event will be the MAM72-70V high speed, large capacity 5-axis vertical machining center (VMC) and the MX-850 PC4, an automated version of the large capacity 5-axis VMC. Additional machines on display include:
- CUBLEX-35 5-axis multi-tasking machining center with turning and grinding capability, 32-pallet tower, and 3,200-tool matrix magazine
- H.Plus-504 horizontal machining center (HMC)
- H.Plus-630 HMC with 12,000rpm spindle, 451Nm of torque
- LF-160 linear motor machine for high-speed, high-precision machining of small workpieces; linear motor technology
- MX-330 5-axis VMC with 10 pallets, Matsuura 15,000rpm spindle
- MX-520 PC4 5-axis VMC with 90 tools, 4-pallet changer
- Matsuura LUMEX Avance-25, LUMEX Avance-60 metal laser sintering hybrid milling machines
Expediting spindle repair service
Precision Drive Systems (PDS) provides comprehensive repair services for most belt driven, direct drive, and motorized metalworking spindles for CNC machines. Programs offered that minimize downtime through expedited spindle repair are:
- Local drop-off – Customers may bring the metalworking spindle directly to the PDS service center in Bessemer City, North Carolina
- Quick-turn – Top priority for emergency repairs with a three-business-day turnaround once the unit has been received and disassembled
Mazak’s Midwest technology, education event
An annual Discover More with Mazak Technology and Education Event will take place at Mazak’s Midwest Technology Center in Schaumburg, Illinois, May 9, 2019. In addition to demonstrations on turning, vertical, 5-axis, and multi-tasking machines, attendees will have opportunities to discuss machining challenges with Mazak personnel and learn more about how Mazak partners with its customers.
This event also incorporates the 28th annual Technology & Manufacturing Association (TMA) Precision Machining Competition where Illinois high school students create and submit machining projects to be considered for 25 eligible award options in six categories.